Sure, you go on vacation to get a tan, but no one wants to show up at the beach or pool without at least a little color. Looking flawlessly bronzed when you arrive at your vacation destination is the perfect way to begin your holiday. You’ll look and feel confident in your bikini, and you’ll enjoy your vacation more.
How can you make sure you have the perfect pre-vacation glow? When you plan your vacation, pack your bags, and get ready to leave, don’t forget to plan your tan.
Tips for Self-Tanning before Vacation
1) Prepare your pre-tan a week before your trip. Exfoliate your skin at least twice and use an oil-free moisturizer twice a day to prepare your skin before the first application. Exfoliate and moisturize on a regular basis to keep your color even and make re-application easier.
2) Use a gradual self-tanner during the days before your trip, so that you can monitor your tan and avoid going overboard. If you get too dark before you go, and plan to tan once you’re there, you may come back from vacation looking less tan than when you left.
3) Build your tan to your desired pre-vacation color. Applying more product does not mean your tan will be darker. Letting the color deepen over time and re-applying to your desired color will give you the best results.
4) Maintain your tan by making sure your skin is in the best condition possible before, during, and after tanning. Your sunless tan should fade naturally as you tan from the sun.
5) Sunless tanning lotion doesn’t protect the skin from the sun’s rays, so don’t skimp on SPF in addition to your sunless tanner. Wear protective clothing and avoid the sun during peak intensity hours (11 a.m – 2 p.m)
6) Bring some self-tanner with you on vacation, in case you need to preserve or extend your sunless or natural tan.
Choose the Right Self-Tanner for You
There are many types of self-tanners, from spray tans to gradual tanning moisturizers to tans you can wash off after one application. The one you choose depends on your needs and goals.
If you have plenty of time to plan, you may choose a gradual self-tanning lotion. Use it in place of your regular moisturizer until you achieve the level of color you desire. Or choose a bronzing mousse that gives you a streak-free, natural-looking tan in a few hours.
If you’re short on time, another option is an overnight sunless tanning lotion that gives you a perfect beach bronze look after just one use. Another option is a sunless spray tan that gives you a perfect airbrushed look. It’s quick and easy, you can apply your tan and jump on a plane to your vacation destination.
Follow these tips and you’ll step onto the beach looking and feeling tanned and confident.